Pages

Friday, March 13, 2009

A Module Can be a Work of Art - Flickr Proves It

A Module Can be a Work of Art - Flickr Proves It. This morning I had a very nice comment on my Hey Monkeybrain debate, STARBUCKS vs. Dunkin' Donuts -- Coffee Wars! by fellow lensmaster buddy Treasures-By-Brenda. Brenda became immediately topical, hitting the topicability index, with her very green, eco-friendly comment.

Baby Carrots work of art by M Kasahara Flickr photos
The major problem with all of these coffee shops, whether it is Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Tim Horton's or any other one, is those pesky paper cups. Twenty-two percent of the litter picked up in Nova Scotia is...you got it...Tim Horton's coffee cups. I hope you will visit my lens about Banning Paper Coffee Cups and tell me whether you think paper cups should be banned or not!
Well, I didn't visit that paper cup lens immediately, but happened upon another of hers, Baby Carrots ~~ When Is A Carrot Not A Carrot? Reading Brenda's baby carrots lens, I was taken aback by the absolute beauty in her module entitled, Carrots Sure Are a Beautiful Thing. OMG, to say baby carrots can be beautiful and a work of art is saying a mouthful. Take a look at the picture I've included above! This is a carrots mosaic on Flickr by M Kasahara. Check out more of her beautiful mosaics. She used a couple of cool programs to generate her mosaics, FD's FlickrToys and Fireshot, a Firefox extension for screenshots.

2 comments:

Treasures By Brenda said...

Julie, your blog is beautiful even if you discount my affection for carrots! Carrots Are A Beautiful Thing is exactly what I discovered when I created my first carrot-themed lens about Baby Carrots. When I worked on that lens, I found so many beautiful carrot items that I went on from there to create a little orange niche for which I have taken a bit of friendly teasing on Squidoo...The result? The Best-Ever Carrot Cake, The Carrots Had A Photo Fight and (believe it or not) even a page of Carrot Jokes! Who would have thought that such an ordinary, everyday item could generate such interest?

M. Kasahara’s photo compilation of carrots certainly did make my page beautiful. When asked for permission to use the photo, she did point out that she did not take every one of the photos but on her page featuring the picture she has linked to each of the photographers who are responsible for one of the photos.

Thanks for including my lenses on your amazing blog. This is the first time I have seen it and I am very impressed!

Brenda

Jaguar Julie said...

Brenda, I must admit that M. Kasahara's keen eye and obvious talent for assembling beautiful mosaics is probably the very best that I've ever seen! Now, a book with these images and perhaps recipes, short stories, and poetry would be on my must-buy list!

Thanks for dropping in to say HI and leave such a terrific comment.