Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

The top tiers of lens raters

Are you a lensmaster yet at Squidoo? Just in case YOU have not yet joined Squidoo and begun to experience the power of Squidoo for yourself, hey follow me. Click on my referral link to join Squidoo.

For anyone who is an author, "if you build it they will come."  We authors and writers who have composed our masterpieces on the platform of Squidoo HAVE realized just that.  We have the ability to express ourselves in our unique, authentic ways and we have the ability to be read and commented upon.

What is an extra plus thus far at Squidoo is that we could also be rated for our writings and creations.  In the beginning, there were the stars of Squidoo.  The star ratings which ranged from 1 through 5.  Then, rather recently, those stars translated over to LIKES or thumbs up in which all 4 and 5 star ratings became a like.  The 1, 2, and 3 stars were thrown out.

Now, Squidoo lensmasters can garner a thumbs up like from fellow lensmaster-readers-raters.  Today's Topicability blog post is recognizing the top tiers of lens raters over at Squidoo.  Here is what I have envisioned as the TOP tier of lens raters!


The legend for this artsy mosaic of the top tier of lens raters, left to right:
  1. Romaxx a member since February 2 2008, has rated 11,304 lenses.
  2. KimGiancaterino a member since October 30 2006, has rated 8,810 lenses.
  3. MeganCasey a member since October 17 2005, has rated 8,660 lenses.
  4. Jewelsofawe a member since August 20 2007, has rated 7,497 lenses.
  5. JaguarJulie a member since March 21 2006, has rated 7,417 lenses.
  6. bdkz a member since February 17 2007, has rated 7,158 lenses.
  7. rms a member since May 8 2007, has rated 7,025 lenses.
  8. OhMe a member since July 18 2008, has rated 6,740 lenses.
  9. EelKat a member since April 18 2007, has rated 6,246 lenses.

The legend for this second artsy mosaic of tier two of lens raters, left to right:
  1. Evelyn_Saenz a member since September 12 2007, has rated 3,940 lenses.
  2. Music-Resource a member since November 4 2007, has rated 3,938 lenses.
  3. GrowWear a member since January 27 2007, has rated 3,894 lenses.
  4. tdove a member since June 29 2007, has rated 3,792 lenses.
  5. Susan52 a member since April 15 2007, has rated 3,707 lenses.
  6. mulberry a member since February 16 2007, has rated 3,367 lenses.
  7. triathlontraining a member since June 27 2007, has rated 3,367 lenses.
No matter how YOU slice or dice this bit of information, you simply cannot take away from the significance of what these lensmasters / lens raters have accomplished!  Time spent reading, commenting, and rating lenses takes productive time away from lens authorship.  I know that from personal experience.  I've tried to balance my membership at Squidoo to give back to my fellow lensmasters.  Throughout the course of over 4 years, I have rated over 7,400 lenses and left at least that many comments in guestbooks and duel modules.  I have helped many a lensmaster one-on-one in private.  It has been a fulfilling period of time for me.  I am not sure how much longer there will be a Squidoo, but I know I will be somewhere out there on the internet giving back.

Thank you to my fellow lensmasters, friends, and those lens raters who have helped by contributing so much. Thanks for not passing by, but for taking a moment to comment AND rate. YOU rate! Why, you ARE a form of chicken soup for my soul.

Ah ... let me repeat what I just said ... "Thank you to my fellow lensmasters, friends, and those lens raters who have helped by contributing so much. Thanks for not passing by, but for taking a moment to comment AND rate. YOU rate! Why, you ARE a form of chicken soup for my soul."

And, I thank YOU!

UPDATE: JaguarJulie has been transported via a time machine from Squidoo to HubPages. Oh, and that lasted for about a minute. LOL

6 comments:

Tony Payne said...

Great job Julie. I thought I had rated a lot of lenses, but I checked and it's only 2,619. I am way behind...

Keep up the good work :)

Jaguar Julie said...

Well, Tony! Hi there first of all. Did you not notice on this list of the two tiers of high lensraters that it's mostly the gals? Ah, remember when I said something about we are what we eat ... I eat lots of stuffed cabbage AND brussels sprouts ... so I tend to be a gas bag and can emit lots of hot air.

OK ... just kidding ... but TGIF and a little humor can go a long ways. I really had not idea that I had rated that many lenses as I don't think we knew that kind of tally in the beginning.

I think it is remarkable that you have exceeded 2,500! I've enjoyed interacting with you Tony and glad to see you around any day. Hugs!

Christine P. said...

Looking at other people's lenses is educational and the feedback can be motivational...so why not?

I did notice that those of us who have made many of those comments have been around a while. Guess we've had plenty of time to do it!

Jaguar Julie said...

Hey there Christine! Good to see you today ... yes, I have enjoyed the opportunity to connect through lenses with many a lensmaster who have become friends thanks to Squidoo. I in turn, surely do appreciate those who have taken time to leave me a thoughtful comment.

It's been a heck of a ride and a journey for sure!

DaveG said...

*sigh*... I must be a slacker... I need to get out there and rate bunches more lenses.... Have been busy creating lenses (227 of 'em), but need to spend more time rating, favoriting, and recommending others. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jaguar Julie said...

Well Dave, it is good to see you here! Thanks for dropping by. You know, it is incredible that we would have so many lenses to rate, don't you think.

Sure, being able to create hundreds of lenses is important too. I just love that SO many have rated SO many and taken SO much time to give back such a "little" ... so thanks for giving back here!