Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Milestone on Squidoo

Over the past several years, we, as Squidoo lensmasters, have read and heard about many a milestone as experienced by fellow lensmasters. Milestones come in many shapes and sizes for us writers. On the platform of Squidoo, a milestone can mean an overall top lens, a lens in the Top 100, a lens of the day, creating 50 quality lenses to become a Giant Squid or creating 100 quality lenses to become a Giant Squid 100 Club status, a purple star for a quality lens, and it can even mean celebrating a memorable anniversary!
A milestone is one of a series of numbered markers placed along a road or boundary at intervals of one mile or occasionally, parts of a mile. --Thank you Wikipedia!
Within the framework of project management, a milestone is the end of a stage that marks the completion of a work package or phase, typically marked by a high level event such as completion, endorsement or signing of a deliverable, document or a high level review meeting. --Thanks again Wikipedia
Today is March 21, 2006 and it means that I, JaguarJulie, am celebrating my own personal milestone on Squidoo. Today marks my 4th anniversary as a Squidoo lensmaster. Bright and early, my first task that I wanted to accomplish was to share my special day on the SquidU Forum. Thank you Squidoo for my 4-year anniversary milestone today!

I started writing my post just before 9am and published it at 9:35am. That is of significance as there is a fellow lensmaster Rick Phillips who is also celebrating his 4-year anniversary today. And, remarkably, unplanned, he was posting on the SquidU Forum at the same time, publishing at 9:37am his post, Joined Squidoo 4 Years Ago Today - The Results.

If you want to know a bit more about what this 4-year anniversary milestone means to me, catch my SquidU Forum post.  I've shared my personal mantra that has been my driver for more than a decade online, "Be the best that YOU can be! Be authentic, original and unique."  And along those lines, "Reach for the stars!  Sparkle and shine."  You know it is important to be authentic and yourself!  "Don't be a CopyCat."  Ah, yes!  "Be the best that YOU can be!"

julieannbrady be the best that YOU can be

Do you want to know what my favorite gadgets are? Here are a few that I own and love! Yep, they are a little older like me! While I would love to have the latest and greatest, sometimes you need to celebrate what you have and make the most of it. For me, I am making the most of it with my Amazon Kindle, Apple iPod nano, and FujiFilm FinePix V10!

And, I am still making the best and most of it over on Squidoo as JaguarJulie, a lensmaster "since March 21 2006, who has rated 7,147 lenses, favorited 537, and has created 637 lenses from scratch. This member's top-ranked page is Stuffed Cabbage. 1,775 people are fans."  Thank you Squidoo hugely for the 4-year anniversary milestone today!  You rock seriously.

12 comments:

Tony Payne said...

CONGRATULATIONS Julie - you survived 4 years at Squidoo.

You have been an inspiration to me in many ways, not only from your great help as a fellow lensmaster and angel, but with giving me ideas and tips as to the different types of lens that I can create, and some original ideas for lenses.

Looking forward to many more years of lensmastery from you.
Tony

Jeff Wendland said...

Happy anniversary Julie! Squidoo would not be the same without you.

Jaguar Julie said...

Ah Tony and Jeff! Two of the very coolest lensmasters in the universe, representing the guys of Squidoo. Gosh, stop for a moment and think about it! 4 years or more on any one platform on the internet! Can you fathom that ... you know in thinking now that we realize that length of time ... what about the next 4 years???

What do you think those next 4 years will bring? Where do you see yourselves in 4 years? I'm thinking one word ... NO not "dead," but RETIRED! And, probably "tired" too. ;)

Christine P. said...

Congrats on the milestone! You're an icon, a legend no less. Now I need to find out just how many lenses and so forth come from 4 years of Squidooing...

Jaguar Julie said...

Christine! What are you doing this fine Sunday afternoon? Hey, nice to see you. Well, are you asking how many lenses do I have? I've authored not quite 700, sold a few. Did 9 for Brands in Public -- hope that returns soon! And, now have 637 active. Thank you. Hugs.

KGDesigns said...

Congratulations, Julie. You are without question Squidoo's premier Goodwill Ambassador. I'm still making my way through your hundreds of Squidoo lenses! I love how you do them in series -- it makes it very fun to check them out and see each part of the puzzle.

Jaguar Julie said...

Hi there Kim! Good to see you this fine Monday afternoon. Gosh, I must tell you that it still is boggling my mind to think, "wow, 4 years!" I can honestly say that I never thought I'd still be penning away at Squidoo lenses 4 years later. Isn't it amazing about that "power of Squidoo?" I am certainly proud to think of you as a friend thanks to Squidoo.

That's a great way of thinking of it; parts of a puzzle that connected, reveal the whole story! And, MORE! ;)

maria said...

Congratulations Julie,

4 years on Squidoo is a remarkable accomplishment.

Poutine

Jaguar Julie said...

Thanks Maria! Great to still be around, alive and kicking. Good to see you.

Unknown said...

Julie, I'm running as fast as I can but seem not to be able to catch up with all you produce.

Still think you should be writing a book.

Jaguar Julie said...

Well, let me say this! You are now never gonna catch me as I got me a pair of those special workout shoes, the Skechers Shape-Ups ... hoping to tone up my butt and other things.

Stay tuned to get a load of THAT action! ;)

Unknown said...

Julie, let me fill you in on the nonsense about running, shoes or no. Anything you do extra, like running to firm up muscles, in the butt or elsewhere, only ENLARGES that set of muscles and the outcome is BIGGER!!!!!! Have a seat and let the moment pass.