Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

I seek comfort in Stuffed Cabbage

stuffed cabbage wordleIn times like these, I seek comfort in Stuffed Cabbage. In the past 4 weeks, much has been happening -- here, there, and everywhere. It's a time to turn to some comfort food like Stuffed Cabbage. My grandmother, Julia Nagy, bless her heart, taught me to make stuffed cabbage rolls. Our family has carried on her name through her many fabulous Hungarian and Czechoslovakian recipes.

A couple of Sundays ago, I made a huge pot of stuffed cabbage rolls that lasted us for the entire week. I've now got a request in, from one of our workers, to make this again really soon.

Today there were a lot of topical happenings over at Squidoo. Early in the morning, I received an email, from another lensmaster, alerting of a new spam filter that was snagging good lensmasters' content-rich lenses. Well, that was enough for me NOT to do any updating as Squidoo's staff is small and I wouldn't want to add to their work to hand-review any lenses.

I've taken some time today to check into the Squidu Forum -- it certainly is reassuring to see that Megan and Seth both have taken time to ensure us lensmasters that good things are being done to address the issues. Oh, and they encouraged us good lensmasters to perhaps blog about some of our GREAT lenses! Well, look no further ... this is one of my lenses that I am quite proud of ... and because of my grandmother, Julia Nagy, this lens was able to be written.
Thank you grandma ... I love you and miss you dearly! Hope to see you soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm, I think I could do with some of your STuffed Cabbage Julie. One of my lenses tripped the SPAM bait filter but it was hilarious because it was my Squid Etiquette lens. You know the one - the one that includes the module about how NOT to Spam on Squidoo - tee hee!

Jaguar Julie said...

Yes, that is rather ironic to have your Squid Etiquette lens tripped up by the spam filter. Luckily that was remedied swiftly for you. It is indeed heartening to hear that the spam filter is being tweaked to automate the process of snagging SPAMMY and such content.