Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tribes Casebook released as companion to Tribes book

Today I downloaded a copy of the official Tribes Casebook that Seth Godin just released. It's a companion piece to his Tribes book which was shipped this week. The Casebook is an interesting read in that it contains case studies by many of the Triiibes members. It's 228 pages long; while the Tribes book is 151 pages. I couldn't help but notice that Ed Welch is quite prolific with many of his case studies being featured. Ed has an interesting blog entitled Tribe Building.

So, what about the collage of Triiibe member photos on the inside of the Tribes book cover? We must have been out of town when Seth blogged about submitting your picture in May 2008 to be included in the collage. Yes, I'm sure of it.

Well, this is the first cover of its kind that I can ever think of that you may want to seriously consider framing it. It'd even make an interesting mouse pad with proceeds benefitting the Acumen Fund!

If you look closely at the middle of the "S" you can find my dear Squidoo colleague and lensmaster ChefKeem! His lenses are some of the MOST amazingly touching and creative that I think I've seen in all of the >740,000 lenses. In addition to his tremendous creativity, he has the kindest soul. It is a pleasure to count him as a friend and colleague.

Learn more about the Tribes book from Seth on Squidoo. Or, better yet, go ahead and buy one for yourself. What are you waiting for?

2 comments:

Achim "Chef Keem" Thiemermann said...

Oh, Julie - you are so kind.

It should be stated here that I and many other lensmasters on Squidoo have benefited greatly from your generous sharing and support. Your masterpiece lenses have set the high standards we all try to achieve.

It's an honor to be in your company.

Anonymous said...

Hey Julie,

Got my copy last week, and am controlling myself. Want to finish his Tribes hardcover first.

Your review is glowing--just like your lenses. I'm gradually learning to spot a Julie lens just by the style.