Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Squidoo meets Alltop and becomes Squidoorati

Have you heard of Alltop yet? It's a site founded by one of my favorite marketing guru-types, Guy Kawasaki. I've been a fan of Guy Kawasaki for more than 4 years since I first read The Art of the Start and then attended one of his cool webinars. It was about the same time that I was launching my own business, Jaguar Julie Designs.


Back to Alltop: I've been hearing lots about Alltop from Guy's tweets on Twitter. Today, I read a fellow blogger and lensmaster MiMi aka GrowWear post about Alltop meeting Squidoo. We Are Squidoorati on Alltop. It's a magazine rack meets CraigsList approach to the top Squidoo lenses by various topics or categories.

Well, I headed on over to Squidoorati on Alltop to check it out. You'll find the top 5 lenses listed by Squidoo topic or category. When you click on one of the categories, it will take you to that Top 100 list over at Squidoo. So, I interpret Alltop as ALL-TOP with an RSS-like feed of the top Squidoo lenses. It's rather dynamic in that one moment I saw my top Stuffed Cabbage lens in the top 5 list and a couple of minutes later, my lens had gone to number 6! However, I still was seeing my Jaguar Julie Lensography in the top 5.

I would think that being in the top 5 of a categories would give lensmasters an added benefit of a backlink perhaps? Thanks MiMi for blogging about this and bringing it to the attention of other Squidoo lensmasters. Can't get any more topical than that! Be sure to check out Squidoorati and take a look at the badges to see if one of them interests you! Read more about Alltop.

3 comments:

MiMi said...

Hey, thanks for the mention!

The category headline links are permanent. The five lenses listed beneath each headline do change as the lenses in the category are updated and then squidcasted.

A big thank you posting at my blog. :) Welcome!

vege said...

JJ thanks for the info. Sounds interesting. Should be good for Squidoo.

rajays.

Jaguar Julie said...

I'm hoping that Squidoorati does present the accurate view of "TOP" lenses from Squidoo as heaven-forbid spammy or less than top quality lenses are spotlighted there.