Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

Have you faced your Manga yet

Have you found that cool site that you can custom build your own avatar from a template of cool facial features and accessories? Thanks to a fellow lensmaster, SusanVillasLewis, who turned me on to this site, Face Your Manga. This site has been around for a while, boasting well over one million avatars currently online. It's language-friendly, showing five different countries' flags although it appears only two languages are available. Not to worry; English is one of them!

SusanVillasLewisWell, I was impressed by Susan's avatar as it bears a striking resemblance to her persona. Susan is an active blogger, having created a number of blogs that she maintains on a regular basis. She's also a member of the Giant Squid 100 Club with over 130 Squidoo lenses. Her lenses are quite topical, especially a recent one on Sarah Palin that was featured as a lens of the day. What's interesting about this lens is that it was created in March 2008 well before Sarah was a glimmer in Barack Obama's eye!

The word has gotten out around Squidoo about the Face Your Manga website and now many other lensmasters are sporting new cute avatars. Upon a quick glance around, I found some that caught my eye:

clouda9jembieNoelevz
This looked like too much fun to me, so I decided to build my own.

I opted for a couple of different looks -- one with those Foster Grant sunglasses and one dressed up.


JaguarJulie with sunglassesJaguarJulie dressed upWhat are you waiting for? Why not create your own custom avatar at Face Your Manga.

I'm hoping to see more of these avatars for fellow Squidoo lensmasters who haven't yet posted their pictures on their lensmaster profiles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love my new look. Seems you found me :) It will be fun to eye-spy them popping up around Squidoo.