Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Hey People - It's About the People Today

The Topicability blog has been spotlighting the Top 100 Squidoo lenses and lensmasters and taking a closer look at who, what, when, where, and perhaps why and how. The cornerstone of Topicability after all is "to be topicable :: that which is relevant, of current interest, contemporary, spot-on!"

Today we are turning our attention to the People Topic / Category of Squidoo.  We are looking at the various Squidoo lenses which have secured a spot in that Top 100 of the People Topic.  As I normally am thinking PEOPLE and different people ... throughout history, in politics, leaders, celebrities, actresses, models, stars, criminals and then some more people, I found it surely interesting to see this was the Wordle tag cloud today for that People Topic / Category of Squidoo.


Looking at this Wordle tag cloud, what really jumps out at me is Wedding!  Oh wow.  Wedding is dominating that People Topic, isn't it?  Then I see Quotes, Speeches, Toasts, Signs, Free, Maid, Sample, Women, Father and Cheating.  Isn't that interesting?  I don't see too many PEOPLE there which I really think is quite odd indeed.  After all, isn't the topic of people pretty straightforward?


The Squidoo lensmaster in the spotlight today in the People Topic is EasyW who has 6 Squidoo lenses in the Top 100 of that category.  That's not quite as many lenses dominating a particular topic as we've seen in our previous blog spotlights for some of the other showcased topics.  All of these 6 lenses are on Weddings and related stuff.

Oh, and here is that Wordle tag cloud that is automatically imaging the various Squidoo lensmasters who have their lenses in the Top 100 of the People Topic / Category.



Two Squidoo lensmasters have 3 Squidoo lenses each in the Top 100 of the People category. They are hanjee and ThomasC.

Quite a few Squidoo lensmasters have 2 Squidoo lenses each in the Top 100 of the People category and I can say that a couple of them I do recognize! Heck I found my name on that list, quite surpringly! These Squidoo lensmasters with 2 lenses each include audreylai, chrgr, CosmeticMom, ihearthiki, Irenemaria, JaguarJulie, kab, monarch13, photos, Sadheeskumar, spirituality, squiddles.

My two PEOPLE contributions to this topic include  Gloria Steinem -- A Feminist Superhero #68 and Blondes Are SEXIER and Have More Fun #76!

A rather sensitive topic of discussion on Squidoo is that of multiple IDs. I am saving my discussion of this sensitive topic for another date. But, what springs to mind, is the fact that multiple IDs can hide the fact that the same lensmaster is in the spotlight, but under a different ID. So, I can’t help but think, when I see a particular “topic” like say “weddings” or stuff related to “weddings” and lenses ranking in the Top 100s, I honestly wonder which of those multiple IDs is the very same lensmaster?

Say!  You did know that TOPICABILITY is a portmanteau, right? Think of TOPICABILITY as:  Top + ic + ability   ...   OR   ...   Topic + ability   ...   I hope you get that.

The TOPIC of discussion has been the Squidoo topics or categories.  We've showcased Parenting and Kids, Local, Computers Gadgets and Tech, and DIY Do It Yourself ... here is a recap for you! I hope you enjoy them as I've provided lots of Wordle tag clouds and lots of image mosaic lists of the top lenses.
And, you surely must know, by now, that I've profiled the top Squidoo lens, for more than a year on a special Squidoo lens, Squidoo du Jour -- The Top Lens, in case you are curious what's been on top overall. Or, maybe you are wanting to participate in my Hey Monkeybrain debate about Squidoo Stats -- Public or Private?

No comments: