Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Celebrating the Return of Traffic Oh My

Some of you have been following the Topicability blog for over two years. Today, we want to THANK YOU readers! You know, writing a blog can be a very fulfilling experience. I wanted to have that experience, that fulfilling experience daily ... but something else interfered, well sort of.

You see, I have been engaged full throttle over at Squidoo, along with quite a few other Squidoo lensmasters. It's like a cult or something. It's like a huge social experiment or something. It's like something has gotten a hold of us. Our friends and families are signing up for a visit by the exorcist or something! Yeah yeah yeah.


Well, since Squidoo has become a significant part of so many lensmasters' days, some get their panties in a wad [an attempt at some humor to lighten the tension some are feeling] when the stats don't update .. you know, when the actual, true and accurate traffic stats do not post timely to the dashboards. You can usually find MANY a lensmaster behind those dashboards ... beep beep, be sure to signal you all when stopping and changing lanes. No backseat drivers, please!  Oh me oh my, my turn to drive, please!!

SO ... So, many of us will take time to submit bug reports. I love doing those because I was an ISO Internal Auditor in a previous life and I am one with bug reports and documentation ... but I don't want that to ever become like my job, you know?

The lastest on the Topicability Index is the fact that the traffic stats bug has been captured; the autopsy is complete! AND, folks traffic ... a drumroll for the fact that the true and actual traffic has returned to our dashboards. Curious I was ... so I took a peek.

Yes indeed! I can plainly see that traffic has returned to our dashboards ... take a look at the returning traffic to those top eight overall Squidoo lenses.  Here is a view of those top eight lensmasters' lenses courtesy of Squidaholic.  You can plainly see an uptick in traffic ... to some, it appears it is two times more traffic, or maybe more?  The mosaic image on the left showcases lenses #1, 2, 3 and 4 overall on Squidoo.  The mosaic image on the right showcases lenses #5, 6, 7 and 8 overall on Squidoo!


By the way, I've profiled the top Squidoo lens, for more than a year on a special Squidoo lens, Squidoo du Jour -- The Top Lens, in case you are curious what's been on top overall. Or, maybe you are wanting to participate in my Hey Monkeybrain debate about Squidoo Stats -- Public or Private?

No comments: